Broke my Foot....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 14, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    A month ago I was walking in the living room towards the kitchen. The recliner is inbetween the two (remember...apartment complex layout). As I was walking, very gracefully mind you, I managed to hook my foot UNDER the recliner leg and bash the leftmost part of my foot into the wooden frame. I hurt my toes and thought I had broken them. They started to swell and turned red and one was bleeding from the nail being forced back into the cuticle. Needless to say, I had some momentum going.

That foot has been bothering me off and on lately but I simply don't have the time or money to make an appointment with the doctor.

Last night I was walking and was in such pain I was hopping on one foot. This morning is not any better and I am just bawling from it. I've been wearing "Crocs" at work so that nothing pinches it but I also think it's been hurting it.

Sorry...I just needed to vent and get my frustrations out there. I'll have to go to the doctor soon because this is not going to fly. As long as it was a nuisance it was fine, but now it's almost crippling.

Darn you stupid recliner that I'm sitting on!!!!

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    If you just broke your toes, pretty much what you are doing is what they will tell you to do. They may splint them, but probably not.

If you broke your FOOT, otoh, they may have to rebreak it or do surgery if it's not healing properly. A really good reason to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY if you think something is broken!! There are times when you can't afford NOT to go to the doctor...

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    A doctor probably can't do much about it except x-ray it and tell you if it's broken or not. Then charge you a huge sum of money for telling you what you already knew.

Stay off it as much as possible and use a crutch or cane when you are walking. The nail will take months to grow back. Same thing a doctor would tell you.

I can tell you all this with assurance, have spent a fortune on broken ribs, hands, wrists and one foot! Never again- last time I broke a hand I fashioned a splint out of a rice paddle and an Ace bandage. Worked just fine!

Keep in mind, the more you walk on it, the longer it will take to heal.

When I saw the title and username, I thought uh oh, she kicked the BF! [​IMG]

4. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    If your foot has been bothering you for more than a month to the point where you hobble then you are right you should go to the doctor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Just to clarify, the toes aren't broken. When the swelling went down on them, they stopped hurting. I'm pretty sure it was just the initial whack that caused the pain and swelling there.

The actual foot is the thing that's hurting now. I will just have to go when I get paid this week. Gawd I hate wasting my money when I could have just opened my eyes and missed the recliner completely... [​IMG]

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Ain't that the way it always goes?? [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Ouch... take a pic so we can see properly......

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You are now officially a member of the Debiraymond Gritsar Clutzy Club. You are now required to post every single stupid human trick you do. And support us when we do our tricks. No fee required.

Edited because I can't spell.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Unfortunately, I have to walk on it...it's part of my job. And don't think I haven't thought about kicking him...but I'm really not a violent person! lol!

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by