Broken duck toe?

qwackers9

Songster
May 18, 2019
Western PA
I think my poor little guy, Puffy, may have broken his toe. I have two older males that like to chase my two younger ones around from time to time. I am pretty positive this is an injury from that & not anything else. He has no lesions, wounds, nothing on the underside ...just this swelling that showed up in the morning after needing to be enclosed in a smaller indoor area (to keep safe from killer raccoon). He limps but will walk on it but I can tell he'd rather not. He is getting his own pet carrier at night along with some aspirin water. It's been 3 days & swelling has not gone up or down. IMG_20220701_125938_MP.jpg IMG_20220701_130003_MP.jpg

I think my poor little guy, Puffy, may have broken his toe. I have two older males that like to chase my two younger ones around from time to time. I am pretty positive this is an injury from that & not anything else. He has no lesions, wounds, nothing on the underside ...just this swelling that showed up in the morning after needing to be enclosed in a smaller indoor area (to keep safe from killer raccoon). He limps but will walk on it but I can tell he'd rather not. He is getting his own pet carrier at night along with some aspirin water. It's been 3 days & swelling has not gone up or down. View attachment 3170612View attachment 3170616
Yeah, don’t let him walk around. Confine his movements. Is there any way you can splint it with the webbing in the way.

Well, it's an outer toe, so I could probably splint it with popsicle stick(s). & Keep him confined. Any idea how long this could take to heal?

Back
Top Bottom