Wondering what and if there's much to do after the chicks broke the glass thermometer in the brooder. The store sold us one and said to put it in the brooder to monitor temps, so we did. The chicks broke it this morning, lesson learned there. Obviously we cleaned it up when we found it, not sure how long ago they broke it. I'm not sure if it was a typical mercury thermometer or something else, but if it was I am wondering what will unfold from here on out. Mercury poisoning to chickens, eggs, us, and so on...? EDIT: Finally found somewhere that listed it as mercury free, so relieved there. And better ideas for monitoring?