Broken Horizontal Nipple = Empty 5 Gallon Bucket

Big Doggie

Songster
Mar 23, 2020
Mass
So I checked the water level 3 days ago in the 5 gallon bucket and I had about 3 gallons in it. Today I check it and it’s empty. While re-filling it I notice that water is just pouring out of a horizontal nipple. Luckily I had a replacement.
I want to ask if anyone has a suggestion for a more reliable watering system. I really don’t want to have to check this every hour. LOL

What caused it to leak?

I can't recommend anything better than horizontals, I've been using them for 4 years without any problems. I have two horizontal waterers out all the time, in case something would go wrong.
There is a spring in the nipple that somehow pushed the rubber gasket on the inside of the bucket to prevent it from sealing properly. I think the spring is supposed to make the black rubber gasket close up tight but some how the spring is pushing the gasket away from sealing. Weird

There is a spring in the nipple that somehow pushed the rubber gasket on the inside of the bucket to prevent it from sealing properly. I think the spring is supposed to make the black rubber gasket close up tight but some how the spring is pushing the gasket away from sealing. Weird
I hope so. I bought another pack of them just to be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom