Broken Little Giant

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Iva Swaine, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Iva Swaine

Iva Swaine New Egg

Mar 28, 2012
    NH
    I have a Little giant with a broken case (stupid styrofoam)...any ideas on what I could use instead? Anyone use the insides of that kind of incubator to make a DIY version? I don't really need it as an incubator, as much as I'd like it as a hatcher. I have a GQF 1502, but would like to hatch outside the incubator to cut down on fluff blowing about, and the like.

So DIY hatcher form broke Little Giant still air incubator...any suggestions?

2. wcstory

wcstory Out Of The Brooder

Use all the guts from the Little Giant on a Walmart 23 quart cooler for 18-20 dollars or put an ad on Craigslist seeking a foam shipping cooler.

3. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    They make a tough-as-nails product (glue) that is formulated just for that foamboard insulation. Would you want to glue it back together? My inner redneck says duct tape, but the high tech redneck in me says really good glue. One word of advice....consider tough-as-nails permanent. Don't ask me how I know!

4. Iva Swaine

Iva Swaine New Egg

Mar 28, 2012
    NH
    The parts aren't all there. It wasn't just a crack, or clean break, it sort of smashed the corner of the top, so the duct tape (my first thought had it been in that sort of state) or the more refined glue won't work. I'm going to try the cheap styrofoam cooler idea. That seems like it should work. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by