broken neck? need immediate help :(( *PIC INCLUDED**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickitty, Feb 29, 2012.

1. chickitty

chickitty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    my baby chick fell off the bed 2 weeks ago....but it was not to high...BUT ONLY this past weekend she is acting all funky. she is eating well and drinking well...also she poops well. but she is so lazy and usually stands with her head facing the floor? can anyone give me some advice AND SHE STAYS STANDING LIKE THIS UNLESS WE CALL HER OR GIVE HER FOOD i really dont want her to die :( [​IMG] i just realized that the reason why she stands like that is becos her neck is in pain...she barely grooms herself....so i been massaging it...an other advice?

she also is taking duramycin10 for her sneezing

[​IMG]

2. farm-a-zootical

farm-a-zootical Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    I'm not extremely knowledgeable, but I know you're probably on top of things regarding red light for warmth, maybe a stuffed animal for comfort, etc. When I had a poorly one last year, I fed it sugar water, wet bread crumbs & poly-vi-sol (without iron) from Walmart in the baby section. Mine was a leg issue, not what you have, but after about a week mine became one of the group, grew slowly, but became a good laying hen. It can't help to try these things if you haven't already. :(

3. chickitty

chickitty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    ok i think im going to try poly-vi-sol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by