Broken Rooster

Dannysgirl

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2020
I just got home and it looks like my Roo has broken his leg. He will not walk on it. I am not sure how this has happened as he and the hens are secure in their coop. However, it isn’t slowing him down at all! He is still “interested” in the hens, if you get my drift. What do I do? Do I see if it will heal on its own as long as he doesn’t seem painful and is eating/drinking? Or do I put him down so he isn’t hurting? I need advice!

Look up chicken slings, or chick chairs, it will help take the weight off his bad leg. I believe a half a baby aspirin is ok, but up to you.

I just got home and it looks like my Roo has broken his leg. He will not walk on it. I am not sure how this has happened as he and the hens are secure in their coop. However, it isn’t slowing him down at all! He is still “interested” in the hens, if you get my drift. What do I do? Do I see if it will heal on its own as long as he doesn’t seem painful and is eating/drinking? Or do I put him down so he isn’t hurting? I need advice!
You can make splint. Do you have a pic?

Back
Top Bottom