Broken Wing

LuckyChicken

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
This weekend, one of our cows stepped on one of our bantams! He definitely has a broken wing, but is otherwise moving about ok and eating. I'm sure he's feeling rather rotten, should I put him down? I'm hoping he will heal, and even if he doesn't fly have a decent life (provided he stays clear of the cow!) Anyone have advice?

THANK YOU!

Is the bone shattered, or is it in the joint? If you hold him up side down and when he calms down, his wing will hang down and you can find the break.

Thanks for the reply! The bone does not seem to be shattered, we took a look at it because we noticed he could not fly up to the roost where he ususally sleeps. We lifted the wing and can see a big bump where it must be broken, but he didn't even sqwak when we were messing with the wing, he just can't flap it. He is walking around like nothing is wrong, so he doesn't seem to be miserable or anything.

The cow on the other hand....this is her second offense as she already ate my daughters strawberry garden, and this was one of my daughters "pet" chickens!!!

Steak for dinner!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom