1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broken yolks????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fishbone033, Sep 28, 2016.

1. fishbone033

fishbone033 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2015
    From time to time my yolks are already broken in she'll???? Why is this????? And it's not one egg sometimes it's 3 out of 4 eggs [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]makes me mad when I like my eggs over medium and I refuse to waste the egg

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Is this the feed you are using....could you explain it further as asked in this thread:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1127502/grower-finisher#post_17402001

3. fishbone033

fishbone033 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2015
    I mix in a cement mixer 100 pounds at a time I'm gonna say 85% of their feed is straight 16% layer base feed... I mix in small amounts of oats , wild bird seed, scratch, hi omega, 44% poultry protein, oyster shells, calcium chloride lime mix , organic wormer , crushed corn ...... That's bout it but the ratio of supplements to food is very low... I jus add enough to keep them pecking through the feeder keeps them busy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by