Bronchitis

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Equus5O, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no doubt that I have bronchitis. I've had it before. I get it at least once a year. I haven't been to the doctor yet for this bout. What's the worst that can happen if I don't go to the doctor and get on antibiotics?

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    A call to 911.

3. nonseq

nonseq Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Sometimes it goes away on its own. But it really sucks until it does. I get it every fall and sometimes in the spring. Just to mix it up a little. And no, I don't smoke.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Pneumonia. Been there done that. I have chronic bronchitis. DO. NOT. IGNORE. IT. I am now suscepitable to pneumonia because I ignored bronchitis in the past.

5. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    Quote:Pneumonia. Been there done that. I have chronic bronchitis. DO. NOT. IGNORE. IT. I am now suscepitable to pneumonia because I ignored bronchitis in the past.

I am just recovering from bronchitis which turned into pneumonia since I tried to ignore it....It has been 4 weeks from hell for me and my family....Don't make the mistake I did...Not worth it:sick

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am just recovering from bronchitis which turned into pneumonia since I tried to ignore it....It has been 4 weeks from hell for me and my family....Don't make the mistake I did...Not worth it:sick

There ya go!!! I am not alone, do not ignore it, pnemonia is NOT fun. Think pillow over your face all the time, and a fever.

7. Equus5O

My son had pneumonia last year. Definitely not fun. But, I have had the pneumonia shot! LOL Ain't I safe? If it were my son or my husband, I would hustle them off to the doctor. For me, I just don't feel like going. Not a valid excuse [​IMG]

8. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    Quote:Just suck it up and go!!! [​IMG]

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:I know there are two types of pnuemonia. One is the bacterial kind and the other the viral kind. The vaccine only protects against the viral kind so you're not completely safe! I would just make a quick appointment with the doc, tell them you know it's bronchitis already and you would like some meds to clear it up. That shouldn't be too painful!

10. Equus5O

Quote:I know there are two types of pnuemonia. One is the bacterial kind and the other the viral kind. The vaccine only protects against the viral kind so you're not completely safe! I would just make a quick appointment with the doc, tell them you know it's bronchitis already and you would like some meds to clear it up. That shouldn't be too painful!

Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

You guys are so annoying with telling me to go to the doctor. But, the problems with breathing and so on are even more annoying. I have an appt. for tomorrow afternoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by