Bronze & BS cross = What????????? Should I buy ?

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
I have a chance to get peachicks (all males) for $15 each that came from a Bronze Male and a BS hen. They look supposedly look IB in color right now, but I know this person breeds nice birds. What could i breed them too and would it be worth it?

Last edited:
These will be IB split to bronze and BS.

If any were hens.

If these are breed together, you will get IB, Bronze, BS, Bronze BS, also some more IB splits to bronze and BS.

If you get them good hens would be bronze or BS or BS Bronze.

Trouble with breeding from split birds, some of the chicks will be spit some not, but you cant tell by looking at them. Untill you breed them.

Depend on color they are split to, some of the more common color or patterns, not worth more than a IB. BS have been around for a long time.

I sell my IB split to BS for the same price, IB BS hens I sell for 5.00 more than a blue hen.

You need silver pied or pied male to go with those pied cameo or were they purple,I for get.

I actually have bronze x bs chicks right now. They look completely blue.

These are a very good price if you do not want to pay the usual price of a bronze, or can't afford very many bronzes.. one option is to get these cross birds and get a bronze female.

Cross chick x bronze hen= 1/2 bronze and 1/2 blue, but still known to be 'definitely split for bronze, and possibly BS too'.

Bronze BS still are very high priced.. so if you like their look and cannot afford price on these, you could use the cross chick in a breeding program to eventually produce bronze bs.

Yes good price for IB Split to bronze BS chicks, check and see if they have a hen also.

Very good way to start with to get the bronze BS.

Myself I would get a few at that price, then breed to bronze.

I do even have a IB Split bronze BS peacock ,that i will be breeding from come spring.

nothing wrong with breeding from split birds.
Just keep good records.

Splits are also good for bringing in new blood. I would not be very surprised if peafowl of certain colors are on the "more" side of "related", especially those colors with a recessive mode of inheritance.

Deerman, what will you be breeding your IB bronze/bs split to?

two hen will be bronze split BS. not sure what other hens yet.

My bronze peacock that is turning white, will breed him only to bronze hens. Trying to lock in the turning white thing. The very first bronze peacock did that. He is looking more like bronze pied with lots of white.

Will have two lines of bronze.

Yeah, that one did. Have heard of peafowl in other colors turning white in a similar pattern too, including IB. Wonder if it's the same or similar mutant.. as it proved not to be a bronze specific feature.

Back
Top Bottom