bronze turkey about 4 months is showing virus symptoms after being attacked by older turkey! please

sarahc511

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
my young bronze turkey about 4 months I would guess (I was given her as a gift) was let out into the main pen with my adult red bourbon turkey and she attacked her, her head is all swollen and there are bubbles coming from her eye, I think its from being stamped and not an infection, any ideas?

My turkeys fight occasionally, they always heal after a few days of looking miserable. Keep her separate and give her time.

she has got worse, she is coughing and gurgling, but is still eating and drinking, she is having a tonic at the moment, but I feel so awful as she is so sweet but I feel like she is suffering too much, I will phone my vet tomorrow, all viruses seem to have these symptoms however is it just a coincidence that she has developed this after her first day out, surly it would take time to take hold hence why I thought my older turkey attacked her, she is also nervous of other hens so I have her on her own with a small bantam for company as she gets lonely, just don't know what to do, have you ever used amoxicillin for hens?

Back
Top Bottom