bronze white eyes??

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Do you know anyone that may have any of these?
    Thanks

2. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Its funny, there was a pair of eggbid for a couple of months around June or July, it seems like he just couldn't sell them because as soon as the auction was over he would just relist it, of course no one bid on them. I really wanted to get them myself but he was in Wisconsin I believe and I couldn't afford the shipping. I know this is not much help but all I can say is that I have seen them occasionally on eggbid.

3. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
  4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Well, not quite... but do have a white eyed female peachick that is split for bronze.. could make bronze white eyeds with this bird. I am reducing my peafowl flock though so I may not get around to breeding her with the bronzes. [​IMG] (breeder bronzes are amongst those for sale)

White eyed is dominant, but seems a little "variable"(some offspring show it VERY clearly, some just barely show hints).. anyways that means you can cross your(?) BWE to a regular bronze and get a couple(or even all) bronze white eyed chicks.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Agree, Doug is one great Guy to deal with, have got birds from him many times.

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Thanks a lot!
    I'll give him a shot. Sid had a male and 3 female bronze not too long ago, turned out one of the hens was white eyed (by accident)
    He said the same that you did Kev, but I was hoping to find at least a male now (just cause I love the look of the whit eyes) to add in with them, that way they 1) would be unrelated, and 2) would be ready to breed at the same time.
    Thanks for all in the info, and if anyone else knows of anyone, please list away!
    Aubrey

7. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
  8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    sounds good,Thanks, want some of those peach next year too!

9. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Have peach in most patterns,also have about 20 peach spalding 2009 chicks.

I also have 2008 charcoal peacocks, will breed next year, with blue hens split charcoals.

I am working with peach, charcoals, plus others.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    sounds good to me. I'd be interested in either or all, in peach barwing, white eye, and black shoulder. Need to wait til next year on those, but please keep me posted on them, definitely positively want them!

Thanks
    Aubrey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by