Bronzed Wing Pionus For Sale

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by debbie.george, Sep 14, 2011.

1. debbie.george

debbie.george Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Milan,IL
    I rescued this bird about 5 months ago. He was fine the first month and then one day when I had him out he bit me on my nose. He has not been the same since. He is aggressive towards me but is not with my son. He is a very quite bird. I will put pictures up asap. He is very beautiful bird. He is about 8yrs old. Asking $300.00 with huge California Cage with playtop. Thanks

2. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Are you dead set on selling him? This is something you can work through if you are willing to do so. [​IMG] I know that I (and I am sure others) could help if you wanted to.

3. debbie.george

Mar 29, 2011
    Milan,IL
    No I dont want to get rid of him but I can't even get close to his cage with out him trying to attack me. I am willing to try anything.

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Is he only aggressive while in his cage? Try teaching him to step up onto a stick to get him out of the cage, if that's the case. I hope someone can help you figure out something so you can keep him, they are beautiful birds.

5. debbie.george

Mar 29, 2011
    Milan,IL
    He is aggressive in or out of his cage but only to me. I can't even try to open his cage and he tries to bite me thru the cage. He will let me pet his neck if I go to the side of the cage. He was really good when I first got him. He would step up and love on me. I have tried to get him to step up on a perch and he acts like some one has beat him. He goes nuts. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

6. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Can you describe what happened to cause the change?

Or, perhaps that is a silly question. You might not know!
    Better: Can you describe what happened with him during the time when he went from being loving to biting you?
    What was his diet like?
    How old was he?
    Who was handling him, when, and how?
    Those sorts of things. If we can start to put the puzzle together, we can get an idea of why he is acting this way, and work on ways to prevent getting bit. [​IMG]

In the interim, here is a good page, which I encourage you to read, while we try to figure this one out. [​IMG]
    http://rationalparrot.com/biting.html

7. debbie.george

Mar 29, 2011
    Milan,IL
    I rescued him about 4 months ago and he immediatly was attached to me. I would get him out of his cage every morning and he would cuddle and give me kisses. His diet has not changed he gets Econutrition Nuts and seeds mix and Zupreen Fruit pellets. About a month and a half past with no problems and then one day I was holding him, I was the only one home and my dog was outside so it was just me and him and he had his head on my face loving on me and bite the crap out of my nose. When he bite me my natural response was to stick mt other hand up there and then he bite my hand. He bite my nose so hard was bleeding pretty good and thats how it all started. After I put him in his cage he went over in the corner and just sat there with his back turned towards me. Since then every time i go to let him come out he aggressivly comes at me mouth opened and won't even let me open the door. If I go to the side he will come over there and let me love on him like rub his neck thru the cage but then I will try to open his cage and he comes at me again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by