Brooder #2

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
This is our newly converted Goodwill special ($9.95) dog crate brooder.

82890_101_1419.jpg

82890_101_1415.jpg

82890_101_1416.jpg

And our little ones having fun!!

82890_101_1418.jpg

82890_101_1417.jpg

The only problem so far with this brooder is the MESS! They are getting litter all over the floor. Good thing it is hardwood in the living room where they are now living.
big_smile.png

I did a similar thing with my dog's old XL dog crate....... huge mess all over my floors!! No matter what I did, the bedding just went everywhere. After over 5 weeks of 5-6 times a day sweeping the litter, I gave up and had hubby make a plywood brooder. My bantams will be going into the dog crate in a week, and it'll start all over again!
lau.gif
I like your idea with the play mats around the sides!! Your babies are too cute!

I have been trying to think of some sort of invention to put around the sides of the box that helps keep in the shavings, but my mind is blank.
lau.gif
It took me 2 to 3 hours today just to get the chicken wire onto the crate.
ep.gif

The playmats are there to keep the dogs out! And it does work. I have 2 extras and one of them goes over one end at night to keep it a little warmer.

I am hoping to get pics tomorrow of each one of them, still trying to figure out the sex and breed.
idunno.gif

I saw someone who had a large plastic storage container (like the one's you would store fake Christmas trees in). She cut a hole in the lid of the container and stapled the 1/4" wire over the hole. She hung the light from the wire. No mess!

Back
Top Bottom