Brooder boxes in NC-pic heavy

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rogue_Woman, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Hey all! I make large wooden brooder boxes (3L x 2W x 3H) that are quality enough to go in your living room and look NICE. They look more like a piece of furniture than a chick brooder. Price is $125, and they are way too heavy to ship, so they would be pick-up only. The box includes powder-coated chains to keep the lid from falling back when opened. Pics below! I am in central NC, and the boxes are made to order--it takes me a full saturday to make one. They are unstained, or I can stain in your preferred color for an extra fee (extra time required for stained pieces). Mesh is all hardwire cloth. Custom sizes can also be built, as can custom viewing windows. Again, check the pics out, and let me know if you are interested!

My box in living room:

[​IMG]

My girls with a windowless box-powder coated chins prevent the lid from opening completely and cracking wood:

[​IMG]

Rear of box - Notice quality hinges and stabilizing brackets:

[​IMG]

view from hardwire top--this one is supporting a 3lb old-timey heat lamp:

[​IMG]

Hard at work on a saturday morning:

[​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Nice brooder box. What part of Carolina are you in?

3. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Thanks! I'm quite proud of them myself, a little girl power does me good! [​IMG]

I'm in Orange county (near chapel hill).

4. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Man! Those are awesome brooder boxes...you are a serious "chicken farmer!!" Mine pale in comparison...a large plastic wrapping paper box, hardware cloth, and a desk lamp....nothing to "crow" about on my end!! [​IMG]

5. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Are you coming to the Greensboro Meet-up?

6. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Yep, and I'm planning on bringing 2 or 3 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by