1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brooder Coop Plans Pelase

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Whittni, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So I was thinking of this coop ^ to build for my first broody hen. Her name is Smog, she's a Rosecomb Bantam (her rooster is also a PB RCB) and her clutch of 9(nine) eggs...all the eggs are hers. She's currently in my sage bush (don't worry she's safe in my garden) but I'm currently using my brooder coop to raise my breeder bough baby chicks...and they'll still need it by the time the eggs hatch and she needs to raise them...she can't raise her babies in the garden, the babies could get wet when the sprinklers go off, they don't hit the bush so you know.

Point:

Does anyone have some plans that are easy enough for a mid aged teen to build or does the one above seem simple enough? Thanks XD

Oh, Edit:
    [​IMG]
    Would this be easier? Or a dog house with a run? I can buy a dog house.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    A dog house with a run would work. So would an old rabbit hutch. Just make sure to use hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. Just about any predator can rip/chew through chicken wire.

eta: check out this thread. there may be an idea or two https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6233

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    okay, thanks so much [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by