brooder kits.

chickachickawhat

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
hartford county ct
has anyone ever seen a company that makes brooder kits. like everything you need to raise chicks from like the brooder to the food and everything else? also any suggestions on what kind of chicks to get and from where ? i already have 6 RIR but i want some color to add ot my flock

ive seen these kits a few places seem pretty basic what im doing this year is just using an old playpen put a heat lamp feeder waterer and shavings and i believe it will turn out a little cheaper as far as chicks what kind of color are you wanting to add

Eggcartons.com sells the kits, so does McMurray. I dont think they include the food tho. You should find a local supply for that anyways.

But to be honest, any feed and grain store worth anything will have everything you need, and probably cheaper after you factor in the shipping! We used a big wire cage, and set the lights up on its ceiling shining down on the chicks, this worked great! and we could cover one or three or all sides to stop drafts.

Get a McMurray catalog, they have all the info that you need to raise the chicks, and the catalog is free and a wonderful resource for breed info!

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom