Brooder pic and new chicks coming

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ga Chicken Mom, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Our chicks are on the way!!!!!! We should be able to pick them up this afternoon or tomorrow morning. We are getting 15 from the farm and feed store, 5 RIRs, 5 BOs, and 5 BRs. It will be interesting to compare prices between direct mail and the store. I'm hoping we will avoid early mortality since we won't have to deal with shipping problems and will choose healthy looking, active chicks. The brooder is ready and temp is good. The fuzzy butts will be in the cage at first but will soon need to go into the 5 foot wading pool. It is surrounded by a 4 foot dog x-pen to keep flying chickies inside.

C:\\Users\\barbara\\Documents\\Chickens 2011\\photo[1].JPG

2. Ga Chicken Mom

Jul 24, 2007
    If any one can suggest how I can get the image to post, I would be most grateful.

3. spotlikeschicks

spotlikeschicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    AR
    To get the image to post you have to use the upload tool in the menu bar, then when it's finished uploading copy the text in the line that says image and paste it into your post.
    Hope that helps.

Edit: by menu bar, I mean the one on this page at the top with 'Index, User List, Rules, and so forth........'

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  4. Ga Chicken Mom

Jul 24, 2007
    Thanks spotlikeschicks.

[​IMG]

5. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

My local feed stores only get straight run chicks, that is why I order from hatcheries. Looks like a good set up you have, good luck to you!! ...stan

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] Sounds good. They will be snug in the bird cage but I'm sure cozy warm. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad you're getting another flock started, Barbara!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by