Brooder tray

protodon

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Nottingham,PA
I am making a brooder with a wire floor. I want to put a tray under the floor so I can change all the mess out easier. The brooder is 2' by 4' so the tray would be the same size. I was going to make a rectangular frame out of wood then attach a thin sheet of wood to the bottom to form the tray then put linoleum tiles. But I was wondering if there is some easy something that I am not thinking of that is about 2 x 4 and maybe one piece and plastic? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make or what to use as a tray that size? I wish I could just get a stainless steel tray from somewhere.

Look for a Commercial Oil Drip Pan.. You can find some that are those dimensions for under 20 bucks.. They work great and are very easy to clean.. I use one for under our bunny cage..

Go to TSC and look at the trays that are available for rabbit cages. Last year I built a brooder with a wire floor and the brood size was base upon the tray I bought for about $12. Cheap when I considered how much easier it made cleaning.

Plastic storage bucket lid. If you have an odd one the right size laying around. We have so many uses for those buckets, but don't always use the lids. If you don't have an odd one, buy the rabbit trays mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom