Broodie Cat? ha...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Jan 8, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Too bad my cat doesnt sleep in the same place day and night or he'd be a great broodie hen!!! He's litterally laying on an egg right now for me. [​IMG]

it's a store bought egg, it's kind of weird why I'm doing it, but my eggs in the incubator feel *cool* to me but the temp is reading 101....so I am slightly believing it (i am sick mind you), so I grabbed an egg from the fridge and I was trying my darndest to warm it up with my hands (so then i could put it in the inc for an hour or so, and then check the internal temp of the egg, i have no water wiggler), but to no avail.....looked over at Monte, and he was just laying there staring at me...so I shoved it under him thinking he'd leave...he didnt...he stretched out after a moment and it's laying right under him ha ha!!!

cats temp is normally around 100....chickens temp normally around 102-103 he could so do it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only thing that would be bad about a broodie cat, is they'd probably only incubate it to eat the ending result! LOL! Least Monte would...[​IMG]

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    LOL that's neat. cute pics. thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:LOL too bad you couldnt get them to always corroporate then when my mom says that my cats dont pay their way....they could if they'd do this!

Your name is pretty neat by the way! [​IMG]

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    .. if this was the case everyone would have cats [​IMG]

that is to cute and funny though!

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:if this was the case, i'd have an excuse to rescue several more [​IMG] HE HE

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:if this was the case, i'd have an excuse to rescue several more [​IMG] HE HE

LOL i know right.. i'd even be out looking for some

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww that is so cute !!! Our cats would make a good broody together, yours could incubate them and mine could raise them !!

If someone want to post a pic for me of my cat and "his" baby chick PM ME (we have dial up and I cant upload them)

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Hehe! My girl Tabby would sniff a chick, but she wouldnt take any other interest in it other than that....she could be the grumpy babysitter [​IMG]

i'd help you with the picture thing but i dont knw how i could help?

9. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Hehe! My girl Tabby would sniff a chick, but she wouldnt take any other interest in it other than that....she could be the grumpy babysitter [​IMG]

i'd help you with the picture thing but i dont knw how i could help?

I'll send the pic to your e-mail, you download it to your computer and then upload and post it (just like you do yours)

10. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    OMG !!!!!!!! I got it uploaded (first time for everything)

Ok, here goes, my first pic posted to BYC !!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by