Broodies Doing Great...Nora and Panda- Bad News re: Smoky's

We checked on the babies. The little one is under Nora and Fern's egg has pipped. Hopefully, they will be fine until morning. I'd hate to be met with dead chicks in the a.m., but maybe she was just a little freaked when the first one came out of the egg. Will report in tomorrow.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Nora is fine now! I was right about her being a bit freaked out by the chick popping out of the egg. She is calling the little one to eat, etc. There is one zipped under there, but that's all I can find out right now. Here is Riley and Isaac's baby!

DCP_5546.jpg

DCP_5547.jpg

Is there any sight more sweet and precious than a momma hen with her chicks all cuddled up to her? Or when she takes them out to the great wide open world for the first time and they all cluster around her like a little mobile cloud of fuzz??
love.gif
I'm so happy to hear that Nora has settled into a more proper attitude about her young charges. Looks like she's going to be a great momma after all! I'll just quietly sit here with fingers and everything else crossed that she continues to behave.
wink.png
Come on Nora! Be a good momma!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom