Broodies look so MEAN.

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
Really... look at that murderous gleam in her eye. She's just waiting for me to make a false move, and she'll eat my face off.

P1012854.JPG

P1012855.JPG

P1012858.JPG

She's the one that laid her eggs in the hay loft. I had to relocate her. That's 14 eggs she's sitting on.
barnie.gif

gig.gif
I'd turn around....very slowly....and quietly creep away. With luck you'll still have all your limbs.

I had two go broody on the same nest. Trust me, two evil glares are worse than one.
wink.png

I love her coloring, she's a gorgeous girl! Are those eggs she's going to hatch?

She's a BLRW. I don't know what's under her- looks like she took one from each hen and laid some of hers on top. She's got a hodge podge under her. I've got several roosters, so what they'll be is anyone's guess
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png
When I moved her, I saw that she'd plucked herself completely bare underneath. I know that they do it, but it was shocking to see it.

Hi,

Oh, yes, they take this very seriously and look FEROCIOUS! But any broodies that I've had are either Silkies or Cochin Banties, which makes them easy to deal with. I don't know how I would do if one of my BO's went broody. Just have to wait and see. Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

Back
Top Bottom