broodiness??????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by five is my dog, Jul 29, 2013.

1. five is my dog

five is my dog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2013
    in your expierience how do you get a hen broody? i know most of you will say you cant and it depends on the breed. but has anyone i guess the only word i could use is 'forced' a hen to go broody?

2. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Nope... sorry you can't.... and I don't think that it depends on breeds... it's true that some are much better than others... but I read lots of srories about RED SEX LINKS beeing great moms.. and my mutts are tolerant ferocious mothers.... and if you want broodies.. go get some silkies or other broody famous breed... ;)

3. five is my dog

Jul 4, 2013
    thank you! will a frizzle go broody? please say yes!!!

4. FrancieM

FrancieM Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Roswell GA
    I have a hen that was laying eggs every day for about a week. For the last few days she has been lethargic & her poop is bright green. She is eating & drinking, but I'm very concerned about her. She is not laying now. I had a chicken that I thought was a hen, but turned out to be a roo. I had him relocated & this started with my hen after he left. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Maple, my hen, I fear may be sick. I have her in a coop away from the other hens now. btw, she is 5 months old.

5. five is my dog

Jul 4, 2013
    hmm i dont know sorry! im not really expirienced when it comes to diseases.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. five is my dog

Jul 4, 2013
    does she sit on the nest alot?

7. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Of course. ..... why wouldn't it...

8. five is my dog

Jul 4, 2013
    i just wanted to know if it goes broody more than others i have never owned one

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by