Broody AGAIN?

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
My one RIR hatched 2 adopted eggs 12 weeks ago. She started laying again when they were 6 weeks. So it has only been 6 weeks of laying and I am pretty sure she is broody again. Is this going to be a regular thing with her? We already have 5 more chickens than we can legally have. If this is going to be regular, I may have to rehome her 😞

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
You can break her of her broodiness. I haven't done that yet myself but I know many have successfully and there are lots of threads and articles on how to do it properly. Good luck!
Yeah, i know the how to, but I've also read stories of hens refusing to give up and going 60+ days.
I feel like my hen would be one of those 😞

Bigegges

Chirping
Apr 27, 2021
Yeah, i know the how to, but I've also read stories of hens refusing to give up and going 60+ days.
I feel like my hen would be one of those 😞
We have one that has been sitting on nothing since March. I have tried everything in the book the break and she is sitting in a milk crate that doesn’t even have draw in it

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
We have one that has been sitting on nothing since March. I have tried everything in the book the break and she is sitting in a milk crate that doesn’t even have draw in it
That's why I gave her eggs last time 😞.
We don't have room for more chickens, so if I give her eggs, i will either have to give them away or give one of my other birds away.

TheDuckGuy

Songster
Nov 29, 2020
Have you tried putting her in a dog crate and just giving her food and water and if it wouldn't break her I would just leave her in it 4 months is a long time she won't survive much longer

Bigegges

Chirping
Apr 27, 2021
We had
Have you tried putting her in a dog crate and just giving her food and water and if it wouldn't break her I would just leave her in it 4 months is a long time she won't survive much longer
her in one for about 3-4 weeks didn’t stop her
She has airflow under her now and is still broody any ideas on how to stop it I will try

Top Bottom