Broody again

Broody Birds

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
My broody frizzle hatched 3 eggs 8 weeks ago and took in 1 more baby chick a week later. She has been an amazing mum. She is still in a separate coop and run until the babies get a bit older. She is now laying eggs even though she is on starter pellets and no calcium grit and has gone broody again. My question is has anyone else’s hen gone broody so quickly and what did they do?

My broody frizzle hatched 3 eggs 8 weeks ago and took in 1 more baby chick a week later. She has been an amazing mum. She is still in a separate coop and run until the babies get a bit older. She is now laying eggs even though she is on starter pellets and no calcium grit and has gone broody again. My question is has anyone else’s hen gone broody so quickly and what did they do?
My Silkies are, like, perpetually broody. They are also great mamas and have raised chicks only to turn around and get broody again. They are def broody more often than not.

ETA: I used to try to break them, but I found they do a good job of taking care of themselves while broody. I just check on them daily to make sure they aren't losing weight or anything.

Back
Top Bottom