Broody again???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bloom chicks, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Mama just hatched out babies 8 weeks ago...... she has been laying eggs for about 3 weeks...... Around 7:30 this evening she went in the coop and went in the nest box...... She had laid her egg earlier today...........Is it too soon?.......... She was an awesome mom....... Should I wait to give her eggs.???........ I am praying that she is broody...........I have one right now that is sitting on a staggered hatch because the other broody (Lady) decided she didn't want the job......... The 1st set are suppose to hatch Monday and the second one is the following Monday.....

2. bloom chicks

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    She is still in the nest........

3. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    I'm not sure of the time limit, but I have a couple of hens, (Cochins frizzle bantam and a white Polish) who will keep brooding new clutches as soon as their chicks are feathered out and on their own.

4. bloom chicks

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Thanks, She is a BO

I am making myself crazy because I need to decide to give her the eggs or not because my current broody will be in lockdown tomorrow for the 1st set of eggs and I would like to give Mama the second set.........I don't want to jump the gun if she really isn't broody.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by