1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Broody Bobwhite!!!!! This time for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Quail' started by crash0330, Jun 25, 2010.

1. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Ok so One of my bonwhites has been sitting on her eggs for a week now! at first I thought it was gonna be like last time when shed sit on them for a day and then forget about them! Well today she was outside her nest so I went and grabed one of her eggs and candle it and guess what? Chicks are forming!!!!!!! yay!!!! so excited! Now I just hope she goes trhough with it!!!!

2. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Songster

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Wishing you luck on a successful natural hatch.[​IMG]

3. Noice Crash!
    Hopefully she sticks it out for ya!
    How many eggs fit under her?

I been toying with the idea of buying a silver phoenix hen or 3 to brood my gamebird eggs with, much cheaper on electricity . . .

4. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    About a month ago I separated her and her mate and put them in a cage outside, I stop collecting the eggs from her, well last Saturday when I checked she had 21 eggs under her and on Sunday she kicked out soooo many out of the nest, and then she sat on the rest which is only 4, so she's only siting on 4 eggs, wanted to out more under her but I just let it.

About the idea of you buying chickens to hatch out your birds, I had the exact same idea back in march, so I went and bought a silkie trio, 2 hens 1 roo, it didn't take her long before she was broody like 4 weeks after I bought it she was broody!!!! I wanted to put pheasant eggs under her but I didn't have the heart to take away her eggs since chicks were already forming, long story short, before I had those three silkies imreally didn't wanted chickens and now I have not less than 34 chickens!!!!! Lol and more coming!!!! They become an addiction too! Just like quails!!! Good luck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by