1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

broody buddy

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bayourouge, May 21, 2007.

1. bayourouge

bayourouge Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    central Louisiana
    i guess this is the right place. just thought you may get a kick out of this like i did. one of my wheaten oegb pullets is setting on 3 eggs and her buddy spends alot of time sitting with her. she doesnt try to set the eggs and she's hatched chicks out before too. she goes out in the yard some and visits in the nest some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I have a broody bantam that has one of her little bantam friends sit with her in the nest too. Neither of them have hatched any eggs, so I don't know what will happen. But one is always on the eggs and the other one goes in and out and hangs out with the others, then goes back and sits with her. I will try to get a picture tonight.

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    That is to cute!! Your girls sure are pretty.

4. bayourouge

Apr 23, 2007
    central Louisiana
    thanks. those 2 are the tamest chickens ever

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Please tell me what OEGB stand for. I think I should know this by now but can't think of it to save my life...[​IMG]

6. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I think it is Old English Game Bird

7. bayourouge

Apr 23, 2007
    central Louisiana
    old english game bantam. really small bantams, those 2 hens weigh about 20 oz each

8. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    Boy, them are sure are pretty banties. That's nice she visits her buddy so she don't get lonely. Guess she knows how it feels. [​IMG]

9. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Thanks for filling me in. I finally tumbled to the fact that those sweet birds must be bantams. [​IMG] They are beautiful!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by