broody button quail~intresting though not for the squimish

Discussion in 'Quail' started by xchairity_casex, Nov 19, 2011.

1. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    i have had a female button who has always been very broody though she will not sit for longer then a few days after sehs gatherd a good 6-8 eggs before she gets off them well she gatherd about 10 eggs and actually sat on them morning,noon and night for im not sure how long i was a little excited and tried my best to not bother her well about 6 days ago i noticed her out and about the whole day then the next then the next so i decided to open her eggs up and see what was inside not expecting much this is what i found
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im wondering how far along they seem to have been? i was quite impressed though i really did not expect to see this! i expected an egg yolk with a little dot in it not little bird embryos! and all the eggs had one and each one had 4 tiny wing and feet buds!
    although im a bit relieved she didnt hatch them though i adore them i jsut have no more room!

quaillady these little embryos be your buttons great grandchildren [​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Awww little embryos [​IMG] Did you see any feather buds? it would be little dots on the skin. I see a spine. I would say at least 8 days of incubation.

3. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    nope didnt notice any feather buds. i showed them to my mom and my 8 year old nephew and explained to him all about how babies develop i odnt think he really belived me that those were in fact the begins of being baby birds lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by