Graceeelizabeth5

Chirping
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, so I'm rather new to all of this. My Pekin Min has been through a lot. With being the main target by my drake, and then somehow breaking her leg we kept her separate to rest and heal. We used a huge dog crate in the barn to keep her separated. And at night since the drake couldnt get to Min, he went after my other females more aggressively. So we decided to put all of them in there just at night and during the day they would be together. One day I was going to let Min out and she had built a big nest around her and would not leave it. She kept hissing at me, which was very unlike her since shes been a cuddle bug ever since she was injured. So we left our broody duck be. At first we still let the other girls sleep in there with her until we realized she was gathering her sisters eggs as well and her clutch became too big. Now they're all progressing, but at different rates. I read that she may abandon her late eggs for the ducklings that have already hatched. Should I separate the early hatchers so she stays on her eggs? Or should I put the late hatchers in an incubator. I really would love for her to mother them all. I know the chances of them all making it are slim, but shes sitting on around 17 eggs right now, along with one bantam chicken egg that shes taken over.

Attachments

• 20190418_104530.jpg
    20190418_104530.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 35
Now that little bantams going to hatch before the ducklings so that one will need to go into a brooder. Just me but I’d let her hatch she’ll stay for 2-3 days after first hatches. Then when she gets up candle those that are left and put the ones that are viable into the bator. She might just stay the course we’ve had a few members with Pekins that hatched ducklings.

Now that little bantams going to hatch before the ducklings so that one will need to go into a brooder. Just me but I’d let her hatch she’ll stay for 2-3 days after first hatches. Then when she gets up candle those that are left and put the ones that are viable into the bator. She might just stay the course we’ve had a few members with Pekins that hatched ducklings.
I already planned on taking the chick out! I guess I need to get an incubator, the duckling eggs are probably more than a few days apart.

I woke up this morning and my bantam egg was gone. I found just a couple pieces of shell, but nothing else. No chick, nothing. I'm so confused.

We had her separated in the barn in a huge dog crate because she had broken her leg and was over mated by our drakes. She made her nest in there and has been there ever since.

Back
Top Bottom