Broody duck help

Muddy Mucker

Hatching
May 29, 2023
Hello. I have a Cayuga and a Blue Swed both are laying the same nest. They seem to be laying on it at the same timešŸ¤·šŸ¼, one on top of another. Question should I divide the nest up? Help!?

So only one laying on eggs and the other is laying on the broody?
I believe I would try to separate them. The only problem is the one you move is most likely going to go straight back to the nest where the broody is unless you lock one up with eggs and then she still might not sit. They can be really weird when broody.

So only one laying on eggs and the other is laying on the broody?
I believe I would try to separate them. The only problem is the one you move is most likely going to go straight back to the nest where the broody is unless you lock one up with eggs and then she still might not sit. They can be really weird when broody.
They are both laying on the broody, now they doing it side by side. At one point the Blue Swed was laying on top of the Cayuga. And that was my thought was to put one in my duck shed with half the the eggs.

You could try you just never know how they are going to react. How many eggs are they sitting on? Iā€™ve been able to move my one Muscovy when hatch started.

I wonder if you made two nest in the same place and separated the eggs between them. Itā€™s just hard to say what may happen. Do you want that many ducklings?

I wonder if you made two nest in the same place and separated the eggs between them. Itā€™s just hard to say what may happen. Do you want that many ducklings?
Well the situation has resolved itself. A raven got into the pen this afternoon. I have 5 eggs left. Very disappointing. šŸ˜I moved them into my duck shed with the two girls that were sitting on the nest . I need a to hatch out some babies I lost some ducks this past winter. Thank you very much for your help:)

Oh wow thank goodness you were able to save some and sounds like they are in a safer place. Hopefully you'll get some ducklings. Keep us updated.

Sorry for the loss of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom