Broody duck success!!!! 7 out of 9 eggs hatched!!! Pics of babies!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cat1994, May 27, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Songster

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My pair of white call ducks has 7 lil babies now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My lil white call duck hen went broody on 9 eggs and all but two hatched today!!!! From what I could tell one died a few days before hatching and the other one died while hatching (lil baby just couldn't make it out [​IMG]). Anyway the mommy and babies are doing great and they are so adorable!!!! [​IMG] The hen really does not like it when I get close, but I just can't stay away!! [​IMG]
    Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DancingHen

DancingHen Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful little family. Your duck is being a good mom! Those babies are too cute!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] What a gorgeous little family they are. So tiny and cute..even the mom!! She has such a sweet little face.

4. cat1994

cat1994 Songster

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks [​IMG] This is my 2nd time letting a broody duck hatch out her own eggs (1st was with a lil mallard hen and only one made it [​IMG] ) They do really make a great family together [​IMG] sometimes it is like she has the glow of mother hood or something [​IMG] I can't get over how cut lil ducklings are, I wise they would stay like that forever!!

5. tink0602

tink0602 Chirping

May 7, 2011
    so cute! Congratulations![​IMG]

6. [​IMG] Congratulations on your babies. What a GREAT hatch. [​IMG]

7. cat1994

cat1994 Songster

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks alll [​IMG]

8. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Congratulations!!! Call ducks are just the cuuuutest! Dont blame you for not wanting to stay away [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: