Broody duck success!!!! 7 out of 9 eggs hatched!!! Pics of babies!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cat1994, May 27, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My pair of white call ducks has 7 lil babies now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My lil white call duck hen went broody on 9 eggs and all but two hatched today!!!! From what I could tell one died a few days before hatching and the other one died while hatching (lil baby just couldn't make it out [​IMG]). Anyway the mommy and babies are doing great and they are so adorable!!!! [​IMG] The hen really does not like it when I get close, but I just can't stay away!! [​IMG]
    Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful little family. Your duck is being a good mom! Those babies are too cute!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] What a gorgeous little family they are. So tiny and cute..even the mom!! She has such a sweet little face.

4. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks [​IMG] This is my 2nd time letting a broody duck hatch out her own eggs (1st was with a lil mallard hen and only one made it [​IMG] ) They do really make a great family together [​IMG] sometimes it is like she has the glow of mother hood or something [​IMG] I can't get over how cut lil ducklings are, I wise they would stay like that forever!!

5. tink0602

tink0602 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    so cute! Congratulations![​IMG]

6. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congratulations on your babies. What a GREAT hatch. [​IMG]

7. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks alll [​IMG]

8. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Congratulations!!! Call ducks are just the cuuuutest! Dont blame you for not wanting to stay away [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by