Broody ducks recovery time?

AgnesGray

Free Ranging
Mar 8, 2019
Ohio, US
My Coop
My Coop
From those of you who have had broody ducks, how long should I expect them to stick with it beyond the 28 days of incubation time?

The first one started to sit on her nest probably 2 months ago. Their eggs have hatched, which they tried to kill, and I am wrapping up the last two stragglers in the incubator. The broodies have been moved out to pasture far from the nest for over a week now, I think. They are still doing their broody quack when I come anywhere near them. I had been hoping this week they'll remember how awesome life is when not being broody. 🤷‍♀️ Any tips?

I just let it run it’s course those hormones have to disapate. I have two broody Muscovy on nothing and 3 chicken hens on nothing and no matter what I’ve tried nothing works so I just leave them alone as long S they come out to eat daily. I tell them everyday they are missing their summer vacation.

They are! haha Ah well.. Will continue to let them be. At least the boys are happy to be out on new pasture.

Thanks for the reply and sorry I missed it at first. My notifications aren't working well right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom