Broody egg ?

Soaring Chicks

Soaring Hawks Farm
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Henderson,NC
I have a broody. Her last live egg should hatch anyday now. I just went outside and checked on her. There was a crack/ pep? in it. The ? is when I picked it up and found it there was yoke where the crck/pep is. Is that normal? What should I do? Leave it and see what happens or did she brake it? All comes down to what do I do and if it is normal? Could it be seeping? No smell and felt movement a day ago. In all the pics I'v seen on peps no yoke was seen.
Thanks

There shouldnt be any yolk coming out. You should see a little beak in the hole. The chick should have already sucked up all of the yolk. I would leave it just in case....I'm hoping for you!
fl.gif

At the time all I saw was a crack had shavings on it . So I very carefully removed it(shavings) that is when I saw a little yellow yoke. I was like
rant.gif
And put the egg back down and ran in here to see what I should do. I can run out there and really look at it and tell then for sure if that will help.

Last edited:
It looks like someone pecked it open. looks to have no body of a ready to hatch egg. should I just open it? Wait I just saw what looked like a feather. A gooy feather. Broody is being really nice. Or so I thought she just pecked me. I also found out I have 1 maybe to more broodys in the coop now. After I buy a bator
he.gif
. Leave it till tonight or Sat.? Please help. I toke pic now I just have to get from my camra to computer. Need to find cable. Hopefully pic coming soon.

Last edited:
You should be able to tell by looking if it's a crack, or if it's been pecked open. If it's been pecked from the outside the hole and the egg shell should be indented into the egg and if it's being pipped by the chick the hole and the egg shell pieces should be protruding out.
How many other eggs did this broody successfully hatch?

Back
Top Bottom