Broody Frizzle?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MrsChickendad, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    We have a cute little cochin bantam frizzle pullet who insists on laying right in the main doorway of the coop and acting broody. We have 10 (2 rows of 5) metal nest boxes that she will not use. I got to thinking maybe she can't get up to the boxes, seeing as she is a frizzle and not so hot at flying. I haul her and two other little girls (broody) out and make them go into the pen where they happily dust bathe and scratch and act normal. The other little girls go into the nest boxes, but I don't think the frizzle can reach it. Ideas?

2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Oh my frizzle girl is broody, now is on her 4th day on the nest! She is on the very high nest box but she can fly up there! :eek:

How long has your frizzle been on the nest and what day are you on?

3. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    She's been doing this for over a week. We didn't realize she was broody until then, she has always chose a spot near there on the floor to sleep. The junior roo stays in the coop most of the day and gives her some grief, so she may not want to move and expose her flank, so to speak . . . the junior roo might look better with some noodles and broth. . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by