1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody goose sounds congested.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by r4eboxer, Apr 22, 2012.

1. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I have a goose sitting on a nest of eggs that are hatching, when I approach the nest they bark at me of course but one of the geese sounds like she has phloem in her lungs. Could this be because she has not been cleaning her nasal passages? Or does she have something that may be serious? It has been really warm here until today, tomorrow we are forecast for 6 inches of snow. Should I try to give antibiotics and if so what and where do I get them?

2. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    When my goose rests or lays, she'll sometimes make a really deep throaty sound on exhaling. Kind of sounds like when you're starting to clear your throat, closed mouth. Or a short snore. I'm sure that's just a natural goose sound. She doesn't make that sound all the time, just once in a while.

3. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont

I hope this is the case. I have not heard her make this sound before. It sounds like there is a lot of mucus. She has been on the nest for almost 30 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by