Broody hatched 1 chick out of catch

prncssprplfrog

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Schuyler Lake
So my broody finally had the chance to hatch out her own chicks. She and the other girls started a clutch of eggs on the far corner of the coop that I couldn't reach and I figured I would leave them alone.
Three days ago she came out with one adorable black and white chick. I was very disappointed that more didn't hatch because I got rid of my last rooster a few weeks ago.
hit.gif

Anyway; my son called me this afternoon while I was on the way home to say the it had died. He said that it looked like it had pasty butt. I didn't think a broody-born chick would get pasty butt! I am so sad! He had just died before I walked into the door. I feel so bad! She's out there making a huge fuss & I don't know what I can do to make it better.

So now I won't have any more chances for my girls to hatch any of their own eggs. So sad.

This has not been a good chicken week- I've got my only BLWR (black/red) hen with sour crop & my little lavender splash silkie that is in quarantine because she was attacted by the alpha hen. Waaaahhhh!!!!!

i have three roos i need to get rid of but theres no way we could work somthing out.
anyway i hear that hens eggs are still fertile for like ten days after the hens have mated.

Back
Top Bottom