Broody Hatching Today!!!!!!

PugAndChickMomma

Chirping
Aug 28, 2019
WA
Hi! I am so excited, I just checked on my broody hen (Penelope) and I can see that one egg (can't see the other 3 as they are way under her) has externally piped. How long does it take for them to hatch after piping? I literally want to take a chair into the coop and watch the magic unfold. I really hope they make it.

Advice, tips, any info is appreciated. This is the first time for my hen (and I) hatching eggs. :)

Also...any advice, good threads etc. for how to introduce the new chicks to the flock? She is in their coop in a wire dog kennel to keep her safe and give her privacy. Her flock hasn't been the nicest to her when she has come out to stretch, bathe and poop. I am a little worried how they will be with the babies. I do have a second coop with young chickens that I bought in March (not quite 4 months old) would it be safer to move them into that coop when they are born? I hate to separate her from her flock, but don't want a massacre.

Thank you!!!

MGG

🙄🤚
Premium Feather Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi! I am so excited, I just checked on my broody hen (Penelope) and I can see that one egg (can't see the other 3 as they are way under her) has externally piped. How long does it take for them to hatch after piping? I literally want to take a chair into the coop and watch the magic unfold. I really hope they make it.

Advice, tips, any info is appreciated. This is the first time for my hen (and I) hatching eggs. :)

Also...any advice, good threads etc. for how to introduce the new chicks to the flock? She is in their coop in a wire dog kennel to keep her safe and give her privacy. Her flock hasn't been the nicest to her when she has come out to stretch, bathe and poop. I am a little worried how they will be with the babies. I do have a second coop with young chickens that I bought in March (not quite 4 months old) would it be safer to move them into that coop when they are born? I hate to separate her from her flock, but don't want a massacre.

Thank you!!!
Awesome! It is so exciting when they hatch! I've never been fortunate to have a broody (hopefully one day) so not familiar with those. I would love her and all of the babies to the other coop a day or so after hatch, and I would start integrating your 4 month olds in with the flock. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Top Bottom