Broody hen? Angry Bird!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chido, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
  2. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Hahaha, lol, great video! Ours get that way also, small girls but so furious.... and the "stink eye" she gives you... LOL.... Your rooster is GORGEOUS!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She's not about to move is she? [​IMG]

4. Chido

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    She is quite a handful when she's in the coop. I have two broodies now, so I have to kick them out of the coop and lock it so they can't settle inside. Both have lost some weight, and rusty, the one in the video, has lost some weight, but she does it a lot once I deny her access to the coop.

She's been like this for a couple of weeks now, silly bird won't give up.

5. kitmarlowescot2

kitmarlowescot2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Well it is the season, have you thought of going to TSC and getting a few chicks for her to raise ?

6. Chido

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    I don't want to get any more chickens. We already have 7, with two strays that come and hang out in our backyard. The coop we have is small, and I haven't tried to catch the stray hens yet because of lack of space. Once I get a shed and turn it into a coop (tight on money right now so that will take some time), I'll catch those two, get one more barred rock hen and a dark brahma to have larger birds able to mate with our rooster, and that's it.

7. That aint nothing, have you ever had a full grown austrolorp lunge at you and try and kill your arm? Big claws + angry mom +wants to keep her egg = OW

getting bit hurts! but that hurts more

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by