Broody Hen Became Mama

draag80

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2016
Islamabad Pakistan
Yesterday my broody hen became mama. She did a great Job and hatched 10 out of sixteen eggs.

There is nothing in the world like seeing a mama hen teaching her little chickies to eat and drink.

here a video link of newly hatched chicks.

Will post some more videos soon.

Thanks nchls. I put in a lot of time and effort in building this setup.

Will post a new video in a short while. I know how relaxing these videos are for poultry owners. :)

Well here we are not to keen in keeping pure breeds. Mix breeds are considered more organic in our country as they have the genes of different breeds hence multiple qualities are combined.

Congratulations on finding Serama nest. How many more eggs will she lay before she decides to sit ?

Well here we are not to keen in keeping pure breeds. Mix breeds are considered more organic in our country as they have the genes of different breeds hence multiple qualities are combined.

Congratulations on finding Serama nest. How many more eggs will she lay before she decides to sit ?

Curious-what country?

I have a tiny serama pullet that I have been waiting and waiting for her to lay-only 12 ounces-I'm hoping the nest belongs to her. My hens lay about ten eggs before going broody.

This is the pullet that my hopes are on.

NCHLS Thats one beautiful looking hen. She looks ready for production. But do have a rooster with her ? If yes post pictures of your rooster and other flock if possible

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom