Broody Hen Cam!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, May 11, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I loved how some people had web cams in their incubators when they were hatching, and I thought since my babies aren't due for a couple more weeks I would put it in with my broody hen. Here she is in all her glory...

http://perfectlypolish.camstreams.com/

2. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Very cool.... [​IMG]

3. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Thanks [​IMG] there's not much action going on now, but there should be some babies soon!

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Nope, no action but there will be in 2 weeks. Do you have her in a cage in the house? My broody is due to hatch her little ones this weekend. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Yeah, she's in a rabbit cage in my bedroom. I had another broody outside, but she decieded to go broody where I couldn't reach her or the eggs and unfortunately a coyote got her, so when this girl went broody I'd figure I'd give her special attention [​IMG]

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Cool!!

7. mel58

mel58 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2007
    the cam is kinda pointing more toward the water bottle than her (wow, you are so nice to share with us and I'm giving you production directions!). just would like to see more of her [​IMG]

did you say this is a rabbit pen? I bought a used chain link dog kennel to put broodies in but am not happy with my house set up. I put a cat litter pan in there for the hen and eggs. today one had hatched and I found the chick outside the pan on the ground outside the coop! I think I've saved it by putting it in the incubator but need a better pen for future broodies.

I have a wire rabbit cage and it looks nothing like what I see in your pic. er, is it possible to see more of the cage in your cam or you post a pic?

thanks for posting this (sorry for being bossy about your pointing of it !).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by