1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BROODY HEN FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by erin lynn, Oct 21, 2016.

1. erin lynn

erin lynn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2016
    Aransas Pass Texas
    I'm so excited to say after failed attempts at incubation I finally have a broody hen actually two are sitting on the eggs they are sisters and I read they will raise they clutch together so I'm hoping they will they are sitting on about 25 eggs so super excited!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Congrats[​IMG].There are a lot of threads in the learning center for broody hens and etc.

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Congrats erin lynn .. so, this is your first time hatching with a broody? In my opinion, watching a proud mumma hen raise her chicks is a beautiful thing and you are in for such a treat.

If I can, just wanted to ensure that you have a Plan B in case they are not happy raising the little ones together.

I am not saying it will happen in your case but sometimes there can be fights and squabbles over the bubs and the little ones can get injured. I hope that is not the case for you but a Plan B [separate areas] is good to have, just in case.

Please keep us updated with how you go and of course, pictures! [​IMG]

5. erin lynn

erin lynn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2016
    Aransas Pass Texas
    Yes I have a brooder all set up and ready to go I actually have two sister hens sitting on the same nest together. I read that this can happen sometimes they have about 25 to 27 eggs they are sitting on so November 8th I should have some babies YAY!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by