Broody hen has three live eggs...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amynbrent, Jul 20, 2011.

1. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    I'm so excited!! My hen constantly sits on eggs. The first few times they were bad eggs. I tried it again and this time they are good. I knew she had one and that one is scheduled to hatch the 26th the other two I dont know because I didnt even know she had them. She is sitting on my other hen's eggs. The egg sitter gets out one time a day and the egg layer goes in the box and lays another one. I tried to seperate her into her own cage but she went nuts so I'm going to have to watch for this little guy to hatch so nothing happens to him. This is my first time trying to do this and it's so exciting!

2. buckboy101

buckboy101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Awesome, what breed is the chick going to be?

3. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    They will be D'Uccle's. Now what to do with them is my next issue. I wasnt thinking that I'm going to have 38 big chickens and 3 little babies. I hope I'm able to find homes for them. Next year my husband is going to make me another coop for just hatching and incubating. I wanted to do this with silkies. I raised 6 of them for a few weeks and sold them for $80.00. So I have a new plan of selling at chicken swaps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by