Broody hen? Need fertile eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sprawli, Aug 25, 2010.

1. sprawli

sprawli Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    I have a very young hen that sits on the 2 golf balls I put in the nesting boxes non-stop. If I open the box, she ruffles and squawks at me. Anyone have fertile eggs available? I live in central Utah. Thanks!

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I can ship you some Marans hatching eggs if you like. I live in Florida but people have had great hatches so far [​IMG]

3. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    Darn! We live in WA but I lived in Utah my whole life until 3 years ago. Grew up in SLC and then bought a house in Santaquin. Where bouts are you?
    Have you checked the "Where am I, where are you!" Utah thread? I bet you can find someone to give you some.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish you were closer... I'd get you some eggs. I grew up in central Utah.... 2 miles west of Santaquin.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. sprawli

May 27, 2010
    @quaillady, I might take you up on that. How much for eggs and shipping?

@mothersin2ition and mahonri, I live in Fairview - about 50 minutes southeast of Santaquin. I'll have to look on the "Where am I, where are you!" thread...

6. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Have you try Craigslist from where you are?

7. sprawli

May 27, 2010
    There doesn't ever seem to be much on craigslist around here. KSL (a local tv station) has kind of cornered the market on classified ads.

8. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Quote:I am in Beaver County!!! You can have some for free!! If you wanted to meet in Beaver I'll give you some. Right now all of mine are pure bred hens, but with and OEGF rooster. Let me know!!

9. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Quote:No kidding, I had to order my pure bred eggs off of Ebay and here. NOTHING for breeders or hatching eggs..

10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I also live in Utah. I would suggest checking with Christie at Sunnybrooke Farm. She lives in Sandy and probably has fertile eggs you could buy! Here is the website. http://sites.google.com/site/sunnybrookefarm/ Very nice lady! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by