Broody hen not laying.

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
I had a broody hen she was on broody for about 2 mothns because she failed so i put anpother clutch of eggs under her and she failed again, then her and my other broody hen went off broody the other hen is laying every day now but since she has been off broody she layed one egg with loads of blood spots in and she has never layed since?

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
2 months of broodiness takes a lot out of a hen. Brooding is a debilitating process, and she may not resume laying until after she has gone through a molt.

justin24

Songster
9 Years
Jan 30, 2011
memphis tn
let her try agin maybe the eggs aren't fertile or to old yu can buy some day old chicks to slip under her

extraordinaryfowl

Songster
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
Lancaster, PA
I had a hen who was broody for half the year and kept failing, then she stopped for a few monthes, went broody this spring and hatched some chicks, and is now molting normally again. I hope she starts laying soon too.

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
The light susex has molted and has all her feathers back and i first used my own but my roosters old so a wasnt supprised so then i baught more eggs online, i wish you could get day old chicks delivered it would be alod easier...

Top Bottom