Broody hen quit

Lovable Chicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
So my BR broody hen gave up on me. Had got eggs and she ups and quit's. She is still clucking but does not sit so I put her back with the flock...was that hard to watch, went right after her but alls good now. So my question is do U think her eggs may still hatch? Not sure how long she was off them as a few days before she was off and on. I took them and am trying to incubate them (made own incubator). Wish me luck.

Good luck and they are probably fine.............
One of my hens did this for a few days getting ready.off and on , off and on.Then off during the day and on at night.......
Now she is settled and you do not want to go near her.
She had mixed eggs from the layer flock so I was not to worried if I lost them.
She is so flat on those eggs, she looks like a balloon someone let the air out of.

Good Luck
big_smile.png

She sat for about 2 weeks so should be only a week. I should see movement right??? How and when can U do the water test? Never heard of it but thought maybe it could tell me something.

I candled tonight as its been 17 days since I put under hen...started with 12....nothing in 6 after a week so took, checked again @10 days and took 3 more and tonight it looks as if 2 have died but 1 is sure alive and moving...YIPPY!!!! I sure hope it makes it after all its been through. I don't know what mom and dad (bantam egg) R but I sure hope its a little girl...her name may just need to be Miracle.
fl.gif
here is praying that she hatches fine, is healthy and that its a girl
fl.gif

Quote:
this is what happened to me i still have the eggs and they are still alive and this happened a w couple weeks ago so there is a highly good chance they will hatch

Back
Top Bottom