Broody Hen

LaurynRose

In the Brooder
May 30, 2015
Missouri
I have a broody hen and she became broody about Sunday. I was wondering if I give her fertalized eggs how may I should give her if I am wanting about two chickens hatched. Also side note, I am trying to make an incubator and the humidity is constantly only at 40%. I have lots of water in there and it just won't rise. Thanks for any feedback.

I have a broody hen and she became broody about Sunday. I was wondering if I give her fertalized eggs how may I should give her if I am wanting about two chickens hatched. Also side note, I am trying to make an incubator and the humidity is constantly only at 40%. I have lots of water in there and it just won't rise. Thanks for any feedback.
If it were me, and I wanted only 2 chicks, then I would set 3 eggs -- Are they her eggs, and are you sure that they are fertile? --- worst case I guess you would get zero chicks, or you would get three and have one extra... if you got two -- it is just what you wanted and if only one hatched -- the mother hen could keep it company. Best of luck with it.

Regarding incubator -- lots of variables -- maybe repost your question in an incubator thread....never give up if people don't answer the first time -- And dig into some google research about incubator humidity factors.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom