Broody hen!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenMomma14, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ChickenMomma14

ChickenMomma14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2016
    Riverside, California
    [​IMG]My silver laced Cochin has been broody for 4 days now and she isn't even sitting on fertile eggs or even any eggs at this point... I gave her food and water so she doesn't dehydrate but I have tried a few tricks that have worked with my bantam Cochins and they don't seem to be working with her. I resorted to taking her out of the coop and setting her down in the grass just so she could get sunlight and some greens. I would give her an egg or 2 to hatch but I can't find any of the breed I want... Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    I would put her in the nesting box.If you keep doing that she might stop going broody.She will eat when she wants too.As for the eggs maybe a Cochin?

3. ChickenMomma14

ChickenMomma14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2016
    Riverside, California
    yeah I took her out of the nest box once and that was it, because I had to clean the nest box. I am looking for Buff laced polish eggs but if I can't find any I have to break her broodiness... She has a show next week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by