Broody hen

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
XD get rid of my Tom. Roommate tells me he has good news, brings me towards our ac unit. She has 13 eggs and currently sitting on them

Attachments

• 20190420_153324.jpg
    20190420_153324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
I have 4 broody hens, and after they lay their clutch of eggs they will get up once a day for food water and to go to the bathroom. On day 20 my hens stay on the nest all day following with day 21 and 22. Good luck! Normally they do get up every once in a while

I have 4 broody hens, and after they lay their clutch of eggs they will get up once a day for food water and to go to the bathroom. On day 20 my hens stay on the nest all day following with day 21 and 22. Good luck! Normally they do get up every once in a while
She hasnt gone back and it's been about 2 hours. This was the first time I've caught her on a nest.

This is a turkey and not a chicken. What your chickens do has nothing to do with what a turkey will do and it will take her 28 days to hatch the eggs.

She hasn't gone back and it's been about 2 hours. This was the first time I've caught her on a nest.
She is probably not done laying yet and still thinking about going broody. I have hens that regularly set on a nest for hours before they lay their egg. They are still building up their clutches and are not ready to go broody yet.

She will very likely go back to the nest tomorrow unless she is only laying every other day.

She is probably not done laying yet and still thinking about going broody. I have hens that regularly set on a nest for hours before they lay their egg. They are still building up their clutches and are not ready to go broody yet.

She will very likely go back to the nest tomorrow unless she is only laying every other day.
I'll keep an eye on her and the nest then. It's far from where she roosts, but made the nest right against the house near a bedroom

Back
Top Bottom